On 15 October 2021, the Minister of Finance of the Republic of Cyprus, Mr. Konstantinos Petridis, has given a Press Conference which marked the launch of the Action Plan for Attracting Companies to Operate and Expand their Activities in Cyprus. This Action Plan marks a notable development of the promotion of Cyprus as an international business centre and comprises of the following:
1) Business Facilitation Unit for active and prospective companies interested in conducting business activities in Cyprus
2) Employment of 3rd country nationals to simplify the procedure for employing third country nationals in eligible companies
3) Family members of 3rd country nationals to have free and direct access to the employment market
4) Work permit procedure simplification to expedite the process for granting work permits under Category E
5) Social insurance benefits through the increasing number of bilateral agreements between the Republic of Cyprus and third countries
6) Digital Nomad Visa (100 beneficiaries) for people residing in Cyprus and being employed abroad
7) Tax incentives and exemptions for investments in innovative businesses, for employees in Cyprus, and for R&D
8) Cypriot citizenship by naturalisation applications to be examined in priority after 7 years or residing and employed in Cyprus
9) Peripheral actions supplementary to the Action Plan for start-ups, innovation and high-tech companies, corporate spin-offs, campaigns for qualified workforce abroad, license issuing for strategic investments, branding, marketing and communication aspects, judicial reform actions, modernising the corporate legal framework, and upgrading the ICT and broadband connection infrastructure
10) HR and workforce improvements starting from universities in cooperation with the labour market, refined school programs to promote positive sciences, and enhance the skills and competences of employees
Corporate & Legal Services
We undertake the entire incorporation or relocation (redomiciliation) process of companies to Cyprus, ensuring the smooth transition in the continuity of the given entity’s business, and handle any corporate, employment and associated legal matters that may arise from the company’s operations in Cyprus.
View our Corporate & Legal services
Immigration & Residency Services
We undertake the entire procedure to secure any type of residency and immigration permit from the competent authorities, carrying out the naturalisation process in order to obtain citizenship and any other immigration-related service.
View our Immigration & Residency services
We provide advice and assistance in all aspects relating to taxation for corporates as well as individuals, in line with the latest local and international tax developments, whilst utilising advantages offered by DTT, applicable tax incentives, and benefits.
View our Tax Services
For more information on this topic contact us by telephone (+35722021100) or email ([email protected]).