Intellectual Property (IP) Funding:
Are you a Ukrainian SME? Your business may qualify for EUIPO’s SME Fund 2023!
Ukrainian businesses that qualify as small and medium-sized enterprises (SME) now have a remarkable opportunity to benefit from the Ideas Powered for Business SME Fund 2023. The SME Fund 2023 is a notable €27.1 million grant scheme designed to encourage European SMEs to protect their Intellectual Property (IP) rights and develop an IP Strategy in the context of research, development, and innovation.
Ukrainian SMEs may benefit from reimbursement across the following IP areas:
Voucher 1: IP Scan
The IP Scan voucher entails a 90% reimbursement for IP pre-diagnostic services (IP Scan) that determines your business’ most appropriate IP Strategy. IP Scan offers your business the opportunity to:
- Review its business model with an IP expert.
- Explore its IP assets, their registration and management.
- Understand how to protect your IP and how to handle cases of IP rights infringement.
- Evaluate ways of preventing conflicts with IP rights of competitors or potential partners.
- Design an IP Strategy to take your business forward. After an IP Scan you should be in a position to know what IP rights to register, where to register, and how to exploit them through processes like licensing, partnerships, and internationalisation.
The total eligible reimbursement amount for Voucher 1 (IP Scan) is capped at €1,350 and varies depending on the EU Member State concerned.
Voucher 2: Trade Marks & Designs
The maximum reimbursement under this voucher is capped at €1,000 and includes:
- 75% reimbursement of trade mark and design fees at EU level
- 75% reimbursement of trade mark and design fees at national and regional level
- 50% reimbursement of trade mark and design fees outside the EU
Voucher 3: Patents
The maximum reimbursement under this voucher is capped at €1,500 and encompasses:
- 75% reimbursement for Patent prior art searches
- 75% reimbursement for Patent pre-grant, grant and publication fees
- 75% reimbursement for European Patent applications with the European Patent Office (EPO)
Voucher 4: Community Plant Varieties
The maximum reimbursement under this voucher is capped at €225 and entails:
- 50% reimbursement for online applications for Community Plant Varieties at EU level with the Community Plant Variety Office (CPVO)
Learn more about EUIPO’s Ideas Powered for Business SME Fund 2023.
Our SME Fund Practice Portfolio at ServPRO
At ServPRO, we have already taken advantage of the SME Fund in all its editions, from its launch in 2021, to its upgraded version in 2022, and to its expanded 2023 version. We have successfully applied and received reimbursement for applications made within the EUIPO’s given vouchers to-date.
INTERESTED IN A 23% DISCOUNT?
For eligible SMEs, we offer a notable 23% discount on our IP trade mark services and, in particular, for national (Cyprus), EU (EUIPO) and world trade mark applications (WIPO). Email us with your details to commence the process. Please note that due diligence checks apply for all clients, as per EU legislation.