World Intellectual Property Day:
EUIPO launches Vouchers 3 (Patents) and 4 (Community Plant Varieties), SME Fund 2023
26 April marks the World’s Intellectual Property (IP) Day:
a day to celebrate innovation, creativity, and evolution.
The EUIPO’s initiative on the Ideas Powered for Business SME Fund, in celebrating this worldwide notable day, has today released the long-awaited for Vouchers 3 and 4, on Patents and Community Plant Varieties, respectively.
SME Fund 2023: Voucher 3 (Patents)
Voucher 3 covering Patents has now been released and has a total budget of €2million. Each Voucher 3 granted to a SME provides for reimbursement of €1,500 and includes:
- 75% reimbursement for Patent prior art searches on a national level
- 75% reimbursement for Patent filing, search, examination, grant and publication fees on a national level
- 75% reimbursement for filing and search fees for European Patents
SME Fund 2023: Voucher 4 (Community Plant Varieties)
Voucher 4 covering Community Plant Varieties applications has now been released and has a total budget of €100,000. Each Voucher 4 granted to a SME provides for reimbursement of €225 and includes:
- 50% reimbursement for online applications for Community Plant Varieties at EU level
SME Fund 2023: A Unique Opportunity
The SME Fund is a unique opportunity for SME to grow their business by protecting their IP rights, enhance their branding strategy and build on their reputation. In fact, statistics by the EUIPO show that:
- 93%of SME experience a positive impact on their business by registering IP rights
- SME which own IP rights observe a 68%higher revenue per employee than those that do not
- 36%of SME achieve financial gain through their registered IP rights
Learn more about EUIPO’s Ideas Powered for Business SME Fund 2023.
Our SME Fund Practice Portfolio at ServPRO
At ServPRO, we have already taken advantage of the SME Fund in all its editions, from its launch in 2021, to its upgraded version in 2022, and to its expanded 2023 version. We have successfully applied and received reimbursement for applications made within the EUIPO’s given vouchers to-date.
Get in touch with us if you’re interested in registering your intellectual property rights or know someone who might be via email ([email protected]) or by telephone (+35722021100).