UBO Register in the Republic of Cyprus: Deadline extended for Interim Solution-compliant companies
This article is an update to our earlier article entitled: UBO Register in the Republic of Cyprus: Implementation of Final Solution.
Further to our recent newsletter article entitled UBO Register in the Republic of Cyprus: Implementation of Final Solution the Department of Registrar of Companies and IP (DRCIP) has released an extension to the filing of beneficial ownership particulars onto the Final Solution of the UBO Register until 29 February 2024 for Interim Solution-compliant companies.
In particular, Regulatory Administrative Act (RAA) 401/2023 provides that:
“2. A company or other legal entity and every officer thereof, who until the 13th November 2023 submitted to the Registrar of Companies the information referred to in subparagraph (1) of paragraph 4 for the ultimate beneficiaries of the company or other legal entity, through the interim solution but did not confirm until the 31st December 2023 this information, through the final solution of the electronic Register of Beneficial Owners of Companies and Other Legal Entitles, which was set into implementation on the 14th November 2023, may do so until the 29th February 2024.”
The above extension is effective from the date of its release in the Official Gazette of the Republic of Cyprus, i.e., from 15 December 2023. For the official release of RAA 401/2023, you may click here and refer to page 2932.
What have we published thus far regarding the UBO Register in Cyprus?
Please click on each of the hyperlinked titles below to be directed to ServPRO’s website should you wish to read more about the UBO Register in Cyprus:
- UBO Register in the Republic of Cyprus: Implementation of Final Solution (13 November 2023)
- UBO Register in the Republic of Cyprus: Registrar of Companies Imposes Deadline for Compliance & Updates on Final Solution (7 September 2023)
- Cyprus Registrar of Companies suspends public access to the UBO Register (1 December 2022)
- CJEU issues landmark ruling invalidating public access to UBO Registers across the EU (24 November 2022)
- Establishment of UBO Register for Companies in Cyprus: Minister’s Message (13 April 2021)
- Establishment of UBO Register for Companies in Cyprus: Launch of Interim Solution (18 March 2021)
- Establishment of UBO Register for companies in Cyprus: important update (22 February 2021)
- Establishment of UBO Register for companies in Cyprus: revised starting date (27 January 2021)
- Establishment of UBO Register for companies in Cyprus (12 January 2021)
You may visit our website to view all our newsletters. To subscribe, email us so that we can add your email address to our recipients list to receive all our newsletters and receive important updates.
You may further access the official Guidance for the Interim Solution of the Beneficial Ownership Register published by the DRCIP in the English language, which is updated on a frequent basis.
In addition, you may refer to the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) of the DRCIP.
ServPRO: Your Trusted Corporate & Privacy Partner
ServPRO is an authorised corporate services provider with established experience in handling corporate and privacy matters, ranging from company incorporation, documentation in the corporate and legal field, to complex corporate transactions and multi-faceted privacy issues.
For more information on this topic contact us by telephone (+35722021100) or via email ([email protected]).